Friday, February 28, 2014

Progress Report

Last day of February is today, but counting time is an annoying habit. I'd say with how little responsibility I have currently, the master plan is moving forward.

Last time I left this blog, I was moving to volunteer for a conservation corps. My commitment with them ended early in order to train full time, and take responsibility over the animals while my parents visit Katie and Jon in China. That volunteer experience was simply the right ingredients for fun. Physical labour, camping, making new friends, traveling, and disconnecting from electronics.

When returned to my parent's house, I learned about the disqualification of unemployment benefits. That is under the process of appeal. A rookie federal seasonal employee has a steep learning curve.

As far as fitness goes, I've scouted two major hikes in Auburn, joined Crossfit, take classes at Gold's Gym, and about to start a swim circuit with Swim Masters of Rocklin.

I hope by April I'll be use to double workout days (Swim Masters @noon and Crossfit @1830 with long hikes on the weekend).

Since being home, my binge drinking has stopped. Eating more healthy and cooking for the family. After the volunteer gig, I was weighed 190.5 lbs by Kaiser. Looking to slim down to help with the hiking.

I believe that I will be ready by the first weekend of May.


No comments:

Post a Comment